#REPOSTED | 10 SIGNS You Can Trust God.
During my leisure internet surfing, I came across an article about trust, trusting your partner.. trusting your boyfriend. The article gave 10 signs you can trust your boyfriend. Before it went into signs, it gave a description of trust.
Trust is one of the most important parts of a relationship – without it, it’s really difficult for things to actually work. But that doesn’t mean that it’s easy to develop complete trust in a person. In fact, it’s the opposite of easy… it’s really freakin’ hard, especially if you’ve been hurt and/or betrayed in the past.
Now, reading this description, I was able to relate it to my life and my current journey. I’m single, but I have been burned by a few guys before - actually more than a few. But I always bounce back from them. But, the season I am in now... calls for me to trust God more than I have in the past. This is a STRUGGLE for me. So, as I was reading the introduction and proceeded to the signs, I was reminded of trusting God, like I would my boyfriend future husband - trusting him without a doubt.
For some of us, having trust in man is easier. Why? Because they’re tangible and visible. But from the 10 signs stated in the article (listed below), we should have the same trust in God.
The article said….
- He’s there for you, whenever you need him.
- He’s open and honest with you.
- You feel safe when you’re with him.
- He never tries to hide anything.
- He has happily introduced you to people in his life.
- He never disappears.
- He’s Consistent.
- He backs up his words with actions.
- He trusts you.
- He’s never given you a reason not to.
…But I read
- God is there for me, whenever I need and want him.
- God is completely open and honest with me.
- I AM safe, whenever I am in his presence.
- God does NOT hide anything from me.
- God has brought so many AMAZING people into my life.
- God never disappears, even when I do.
- God is always consistent, even when I am inconsistent.
- God backs up his words with actions.
- God trust me… even when I am not untrustworthy.
- God has never given me a reason to not trust him.
While this article was all about man, the fact that everything can relate to God is a sign that we should trust him, God, over man and ourselves. As stated earlier, I am in a season where all I can do trust him and trust him with everything in my life.
I challenge you to join me on my journey to trusting God. Trust him to provide for you. Trust him to not leave or forsake you. Trust him with your future. Trust him to lead you. Trust him to love you unconditionally. All those things you look for in man… Trust God for them first.
Moral of the story… Trust God and Keep Struttin.
To read the full post on 10 signs you can trust your boyfriend, click here.